The North Shore and town of Haleiwa is approximately a 45-minute drive from the Honolulu Airport or about 1 hour from Waikiki. Below are directions to the North Shore from the airport. For a more detailed explanation from your exact location, feel free to use the embedded Google Maps map above. Mahalo!
- From Honolulu, take INTERSTATE H-1 W
- Take the H-2 N exit 8A toward MILILANI / WAHIAWA
- Proceed on H-2 N to the end of the highway, do not get off the last exit 8 – Wahiawha
- Follow signs to North Shore- Haleiwa
- Stay STRAIGHT past the Dole Plantation
- Stay straight past the first traffic light and sign that points you to turn left into Haleiwa
- Turn Left at next traffic light that points left to Haleiwa
- Just past the park on the right you will see a monument and one or more of our vans
- This is our meeting spot unless directed otherwise
- Jameson’s Restaurant is just past the monument, across the street, and is a good destination to enter if using a GPS
Use the map above to get alternate directions, or go to Google Maps for more features.
Still need help? Give us a call at (808) 783-8657 and we’ll guide you here.
Surf Lesson Locations
In the winter season, our surf lessons are located at Haleiwa Beach Park. Just look for the trucks and vans with our name and logo and you’ll be in the right place. Check in at our tent when you arrive and we’ll get you started.
In the summer months, our surf lessons are located at Chun’s Reef, located just 2.2 miles down the road toward Waimea Bay. You’ll see a van parked at the roadside and our tent will be set up near the beach. You can check in there when you arrive.
Stand Up Paddle Location
Our stand up paddle lessons and tours are located at Haleiwa Beach Park, almost directly across the street from the Haleiwa Beach House Restaurant, adjacent to the tall war memorial statue. You’ll see our trucks parked on either side of the road and our tent just near the parking lot nearby.
Although my wife and I stayed in Waikiki, we traveled up to the North Shore specifically to take a lesson with Uncle Bryan and his team. It was well worth it! Our instructor, Cru, was fantastic. Both of us got up right away and rode several waves each during our lesson. We also bought the DVD (shot by videographer, Keith), and felt like it was worth the extra expense. Great souvenir! This was a real highlight of our trip. Everyone from Cru, to Keith, to Lisa, to Uncle Bryan himself were extremely friendly and helpful. I would recommend this school to anyone!Bill